AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter is now accepting proposals for a limited number of educational sessions that will be offered at the Summer Convention on Friday August 10 and Saturday, August 11, 2018.
Summer Convention Date and Location: August 9–11, 2018; Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
Theme for This Year’s Convention: Engage: Be Relevant!
Chapter and Convention Background
AGC has served as the voice and choice of the commercial construction industry in Oregon and Southwest Washington since 1922. With nearly 815 member companies, AGC is the only trade association representing the full range of the commercial construction industry.
Our multiple-track format is geared towards mid- to senior-level management and emerging leaders. Approximately 250 general and specialty contractors and associate members attend the Summer Convention. All educational sessions should be targeted towards these various attendee groups.
New this year!
Interactive formats (hands-on, group activities, panel discussion, buzz groups, and interactive workshops) are highly encouraged
Proposals will be considered for stand-alone education sessions or part of a joint presentation. Topics for education sessions should focus on how technology helps contractors do their jobs:
- Managing projects
- Software, apps, gadgets, tools
- 3D printing
- Bidding process
- Business continuity
- Managing human resources
- Communications with employees, on the jobsite
- Chasing work and how to get it
- Legal compliance, hacking, ethics
- Social media
- Maintenance and upkeep of phones, tablets, laptops, computers, software
- Integrity, ethics, trust
- Generational differences
- Sixty minutes in length
- No sales pitches
- All interactive formats welcome: group activities, panel discussion, buzz groups etc.
- Hands-on and interactive workshops are highly encouraged
- Provide a handout and/or other meaningful takeaway for attendees
Close of business, Friday, February 9, 2018
Questions should be emailed to Viktoria Schulz, events specialist
Each proposal must be submitted separately and be no more than two pages in length. Please see the sample page for a formatting example. Do not include sample page in proposal.
Proposals must include the following headers:
- Session Title
- Session Description (100 words or less)
- Presenter Names (with contact information)
- Three Learner Outcomes/Objectives
- Engagement Element
- Febuary 9 – Proposals due
- March 1 – Notification of approved/not approved presentations
- March 23 – A (high resolution) photo– jpg format and a short bio (50–100 words or less) in paragraph format
We look forward to receiving your proposal!