Admission and Apprenticeship Assistant – Portland, Ore.
- $18.00 per hr / $37,440 annual
- Permanent, Full Time / 40 hrs per week
- Onsite work required / Remote is not available
- PTO, 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Benefits including employer paid medical, vision & dental; 401k; & Costco membership
- 2 yrs clerical/office experience preferred
- Near PDX Airport
- Complete Application Packet: https://nwcoc.com/about-us/employment/
The Northwest College of Construction is accepting applications for a full-time, front office, Admission and Apprenticeship Assistant. The pay for this position is $18.00 per hour, 40 hours per week: M–Th is 9 am–6 pm, and F is 8 am–5 pm during school year and M–F from 8 am–5 pm during summer term.
This is a front-office position that facilitates phone and walk-in communications, works closely with all departments on a variety of tasks and assists with front office admissions by shepherding interested individuals through all aspects of their apprenticeship application and provides clerical assistance with the administration of apprenticeship programs.
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- First point of contact for college phone and window
- Shepherd interested individuals through all aspects of their apprenticeship application, submission of required paperwork and completion of the required process
- Open and distribute college mail
- Monitor and respond to email inquiries
- Attend or conduct general information sessions
- Assist with college mailings and projects
- Monitor, copy and fill material handouts in copy room
Required Skills, Abilities, Knowledge & Expertise:
- Two years general clerical/front office experience preferred
- High School diploma; Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience with MS Office products
- Experience with File Maker Pro preferred
- Excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills
- Able to provide friendly and efficient customer service
- Must be detail oriented and action-oriented (i.e. looks for projects rather than waiting for direction)
- Able to work independently, without many detailed instructions
- Able to work cooperatively with a diverse population
Why Join Us?
We are a privately funded, non-profit educational facility. Our Mission is to recruit, train and retain a highly skilled workforce for the construction industry by promoting life-long learning and excellence through career and technical education. NWCOC offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, Short-Term Disability, 401k, Paid Time Off and more.
How to Apply?
For consideration, complete the Application for Employment. Click “Apply Here” and use the web submission form to submit a current resume, cover letter and NWCOC application. Email Katrina Cloud or call 503-256-7300 x222 for more information.
If you have a disability or otherwise require an application in an alternate format in order to complete the process, you may contact us.
Have a position to post?
Chapter members and partnering organizations are welcome to post construction-related job openings free of charge.
Job postings must be concise and include valid contact information.
If you wish to have a position posted, please provide the following information:
- Title of Position
- Position Location
- Description/Summary of Position
- Education/Skill Requirements
- Contact Person
- Contact Information (fax, email, mailing address, etc.)
AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter will not receive resumes and/or applications on behalf of member companies utilizing this service. AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter will not perform background checks on applicants applying for jobs, nor on employers posting job opportunities. Employers and applicants are urged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials, etc. All job listings are posted at the discretion of the AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter. Job postings that appear to discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or gender will be refused. AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter makes no particular recommendations regarding employers and makes no representations or guarantees about the positions posted. The AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of those companies posting job opportunities on the chapter website.
The AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter will not accept resumes/applications for any of the positions listed here. Please contact the individual member company with any questions you may have relative to the position sought.