The Oregon-Columbia Chapter employs a team of nine safety professionals across the state that provides a wealth of expertise in safety and health related services unequaled in the construction industry. The safety management consultant (SMC) team specializes in construction safety and is dedicated to accident prevention, program development, cultural shift through continuous improvement, and overall, working with you to maximize your return on your safety investment.
To support the challenging occupational health-related safety issues of the construction industry (noise, silica, lead, asbestos, chemical and coating exposures, and other environmental challenges), our team includes a certified industrial hygienist and safety technician.
AGC members participating in AGC’s workers’ compensation group program enjoy the highest service priority from the SMCs. However, all members can access the expertise and advice of the SMC team through unlimited phone calls and occasional complementary site visits.
Safety Management Services Include:
- General consultation for management best practices
- Technical expertise and consultation
- Policy and program development
- Training – customized and onsite training to meet your needs
- Site safety survey and support
- Exposure assessment and controls planning
- Incident investigation support
- Pre-job safety planning and site visits
Industrial Hygiene Services Include:
- Training and educating employees on job related risks such as silica, dust, noise, asbestos, respiratory, lead
- Investigating and examining workplace hazards
- Making recommendations on improving safety
- Conducting scientific research and providing data on possible harmful conditions in the workplace
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) review
- Air monitoring surveys
- Noise dosimetry exposure monitoring
- Comprehensive site survey assessment
- Laboratory analytical testing
Need safety advice or expertise? Give us a call: 503-682-3363. AGC safety management consultants manage an assigned book of business, generally based on geographic location around the state, and our industrial hygiene team covers the entire state. Contact a consultant in your area, or contact the AGC office for a referral. We are here to help!