Many Roles, One Goal: Building Safety Together!
Every year, more than 80,000 workers suffer an injury on construction job sites across the nation. Any one incident is one too many. Life is too precious to not make safety the number one focus in the construction industry.
That’s why over 40 national and global construction firms comprising The Construction Industry Safety (CISI) group and the Incident and Injury Free CEO (IIF) Forum have joined forces with a single aim: to inspire everyone in the industry to be leaders in safety.
Being safe every day on every job site crosses competitive boundaries. That’s why industry has banded together to create and celebrate the second US Industry Safety Week, running this year from Sunday May 3–Saturday May 9.
Why Safety Week?
The Industry Safety Week effort presents a unique opportunity for construction firms across the nation to work together to eliminate worker injury.
We can all be leaders in keeping our workforce safe—no matter where you are located, your company size, or your role in our industry.
The collective mission for Safety Week 2015 is to partner together in:
- Thanking our workers for supporting safety and recognizing their efforts to be injury free
- Increasing awareness of the importance of being committed to safety, every day
- Inspiring all of us to share best practices and to work together to strengthen our industry’s safety culture
- Celebrating the need to be injury free
- Conducting on-site safety awareness activities to support education
How to Conduct a Safety Week
Many construction companies host a safety week once a year as a way to refocus and reenergize their commitment to reducing injuries on jobsites. Below are some ideas on how to conduct a successful safety week.
- Commitment Pledges
- Company Leaders/Personnel Project Visits
- Safety Performance Evaluation
- Events and Activities
- Jobsite Safety Reviews