SAIF’s coronavirus worker safety fund is again accepting applications after the fund was refreshed today with $15 million.
SAIF is encouraging customers to submit applications as soon as possible, as the first round of funding for the program was used within five business days. SAIF will accept submissions from all SAIF policyholders (including those in the assigned risk pool) until all funds have been expended or until the fund is terminated. They don’t anticipate additional funding.
The fund is designed to support employee safety, reduce injuries, and decrease exposures by helping businesses impacted by the coronavirus.
Eligible expenses could include:
- Safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) to reduce exposure and transmission
- Cleaning services and supplies for disinfection
- Worksite redesign or modification to respond to transmission risk
- Employee clinic modification or staffing for virus-related treatment
- Mental health and wellness initiatives for concerns linked to the crisis
- Coronavirus and job reassignment safety training and communication
Ineligible expenses include telecommuting and regular staffing expenses, including labor costs for employees reassigned to new positions.
More information, including the application, can be found at saif.com/safetyfund.