The Benefit’s in the Process…
Many see the safety awards process as a vehicle to recognize only companies with superior safety numbers. This is not true! The ROSE Award and CSEA are designed to recognize companies with enthusiastic owner/upper management commitment, effective worker training, innovation, integrity, active safety participation throughout the company, and passion.
The safety award process has benefits to your safety program. When you’re completing the application you will not only document safety achievements and evaluate company policies and programs, but you have the opportunity to make changes where necessary. Through the awards process, your company can showcase your team’s contributions to the company’s safety culture. Throughout the competition, you will have the opportunity to share and gather best practices.
You will compete with other safety-minded contractor, associate, and vendor members in front of a panel of three judges. The presentation is five minutes, followed by a 10 minute question and answer period. After your presentation, you are encouraged to stay and be part of the gallery to watch other presenters.
The Oregon-Columbia Chapter of AGC wants you to be successful. We are prepared to help with the process. Please contact Chris Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-704-7636, to receive additional information and/or guidance about the award process.
2016/17 Schedules and Deadlines
- ROSE Award applications are due by 5 pm on Friday, November 4
- ROSE Award competition: AGC Center Boardroom, Wednesday, November 15, from 8 am–5 pm (appointment times will be published separately)
- CSEA applications are due to AGC of America on Monday, December 19
- ROSE Awards presented at the chapter’s Annual Business Meeting, Friday, January 27, 2017
- CSEA finalists’ presentations and awards ceremony during the AGC of America Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, March 5–9, 2017