The 2020 AGC|ODOT Annual Meeting was held Friday, February 24, with presentations covering a wide range of issues.
The morning session kicked off with a message from the Oregon Transportation Commission, updates from Portland Metro, and an overview from ODOT on the implementation of the 2017 Transportation Package. The I-205 and Astoria Waterfront projects were highlighted along with work zone safety and environmental permitting. To end the day, we heard from Larry Gescher on the application of 2019’s diesel regulation legislation. Kris Stricker, ODOT’s new director, and AGC’s Walt Gamble spoke on the partnership between AGC and ODOT concluded the day.
We thank Ric Miller, Chair of AGC’s Highway/Heavy/Utility Contractors Council for his hard work on this year’s successful conference.
We have listed presentations from the day below:
- Portland Metro Transportation Update (Lynn Peterson, Portland Metro Council)
- ODOT – Keep Oregon Moving, HB 2017 Update (Travis Brouwer, ODOT)
- Project Delivery 2020–21 Outlook (David Kim, Statewide Project Delivery Manager)
- Project Highlights Panel, Astoria Waterfront Project, and I-205 Trigger Project (Jayson Buchholz, ODOT; Jeff Howell, Legacy Contracting, Inc.; Amer Hmidan, ODOT; and David Finnigan, Kerr Contractors)
- Work Zone Safety (Steve Cooley, ODOT, Justin King, ODOT, and Justin Moderie, ODOT)
- Environmental Permitting (John Raasch, ODOT and Rod Thompson, ODOT)
- Construction Contract Administration Updates (Chris Bucher, ODOT)
- ODOT ADA Certification Program (Jaimé Viramontes, Assistant Structure Services Engineer)
- Portland Metro HB2007 Status (Larry Gescher, HP Civil, Inc.)
- Project Slideshow