Oregon-Columbia Chapter Foundation
The Associated General Contractors Oregon-Columbia Chapter Foundation is a charitable, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting construction education and training and promoting the construction industry.
2016–2017 Foundation Board of Directors
- Jim McKune, McKUNE LLC, president
- Steve Malany, P&C Construction Company, vice president
- Larry Hannan, secretary/treasurer
- Jeff Perala, Perlo Construction, 2016 chapter president
- Larry Gescher, HP Civil Inc., chapter immediate past president
- Tom Gerding, Gerding Builders, LLC
- Darien Loiselle, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Ron Bennett, Hamilton Construction Company
- Todd Hess, Todd Hess Building Company
- Jan Strombeck
Counsel to the Foundation Board of Directors
- Jeremy Vermilyea, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Mike Salsgiver, chapter executive director, 503-685-8305 or 800-826-6610.
Update on Current Commitments
- Jacmel, Haiti: Check out the latest photos on the surgery center project in Jacmel, Haiti. After several months of construction, the building is getting ready for the final out-fitting.
- Biztown, Junior Achievement, Enterprise Village: The AGC foundation has continued a long relationship with Biztown. 2017 is our 10th continuous year of support for the Biztown construction office.
Donate to the Foundation
The Associated General Contractors Oregon Columbia Chapter (AGC) Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to carrying out charitable purposes related to construction industry promotion, education, training, and special projects in Oregon and southwest Washington. Grants awarded by the foundation support projects and activities designed to enrich the construction industry.
The AGC Foundation accepts contributions from individuals and companies. The foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization.
The foundation also provides a vehicle for AGC members to make targeted contributions to both construction and non-construction related causes consistent with the 501(c)(3) status of the organization.
Types of Contributions
You may contribute cash in any amount to the foundation by making a check payable to the AGC Foundation.
Gifts of Stock
One way to share your good fortune is by making a gift of appreciated stock. Your gift of stocks can provide a financially attractive alternative to cash contributions due to favorable income tax and capital gains tax treatment.
One of the simplest and most popular means of charitable giving is a specific bequest in a will. Tax laws allow an unlimited estate tax charitable deduction for gifts to qualified charitable organizations such as the AGC Foundation. With estate tax rates high, it is important to review your estate plan to insure proper disposition of your assets.
Other contributions also qualify.