What to Do Before & After OSHA Knocks: An Interactive Look at the Legal Aspects of OSHA and Citation Defense Webinar
Presented by Fisher Phillips
December 19, 2017
This interactive and comprehensive presentation offers attendees an in-depth, practical examination of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (the “Act”) and how it, and the Secretary of Labor’s right to enforce the Act, may potentially affect business. Attendees will be provided a thorough analysis of the Act, including its history and purpose; the type of citations (e.g., serious, other-than-serious, willful, and repeat); penalties, including both civil and criminal, that may be issued under the Act; and a step-by-step discussion of the legal process implicated when a citation is issued.
Throughout the presentation, attendees will be provided practical, “real world” information regarding the various legal aspects of the Act, including references to many actual scenarios (e.g., photos, videos, factual circumstances) under which citations under the Act have been issued. Education regarding the Secretary of Labor’s right to issue the various types of citations will be a focus; specifically, attendees will learn the ramifications that may result from the payment of citations (e.g., repeat and willful citations), even after settlement negotiations with the Secretary of Labor have taken place.
After the webinar, attendees will:
- Have a plan in place to prepare for an OSHA inspection;
- Know their rights if and when OSHA arrives;
- Understand the ramifications of issues, including matters relating to employee testimony, arising during an OSHA inspection;
- Be able to put procedures in place to enhance employee safety;
- Understand how to comply with OSHA’s new anti-retaliation rules; and
- Have a greater understanding of the interplay of OSHA with other types of laws and litigation.