MSA recently learned that two lots of Advantage P100 Cartridges and one lot of Advantage GMAP100 Cartridges were packaged in plastic bags identified as containing GME-P100 Cartridges. Since the cartridges are less protective than the bags indicate, there is a potential risk that users could be overexposed.
The P100, GMA-P100 and GME-P100 cartridges are NIOSH approved for the following:
- P100 – all particulate aerosols
- GMA-P100 – organic vapors, and all particulate aerosols
- GME-P100 – organic vapors, chlorine, sulfur dioxide, chlorine dioxide, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, methylamine, formaldehyde, hydrogen fluoride, and all particulate aerosols
Although incorrectly packaged in bags identified as GME-P100, the P100 and GMA-100 Cartridges are labeled correctly and each package contains a NIOSH approval insert that matches the cartridges. In addition, the over-pack boxes, containing multiple two-packs of cartridges were labeled correctly as P100 or GMA-P100 cartridges.
Affected cartridges may be identified as follows:
- P100 Cartridges: Affected P100 Cartridges are in GME-P100 bags marked with the date code “1816”. These packages of cartridges may have been used to fill orders for the MSA Part No. 815369 – package of two P100 Cartridges, or MSA Part No. 815366 – package of two GME-P100 Cartridges. The over-pack cartons are marked as Lot “0524” or Lot “0525”. The incorrectly packaged cartridges were shipped from MSA between May 6, 2016 and May 28, 2016.
- GMA-P100 Cartridges: Affected GMA-P100 Cartridges are in GME-P100 bags marked with the date code “3116”. These packages of cartridges may have been used to fill orders for the MSA Part No. 815362 – package of two GMA-P100 Cartridges or MSA Part No. 815366 – package of two GME-P100 Cartridges. The over-pack cartons are marked as Lot “0201”. The incorrectly packaged cartridges were shipped from MSA between August 5, 2016 and August 15, 2016.
Please inspect your cartridge purchases as follows:
- Purchasers of cartridge two-packs of the 815369 P100 Cartridges, 815362 GMA-P100 Cartridges, or 815366 GME-P100 Cartridges should inspect the cartridge bags received from potentially affected orders for GME-P100 bags with a date code of “1816” and “3116” and return any with these date codes to MSA for replacement.
- Purchasers of over-packs of the 815369 P100 Cartridges should inspect the over-pack box labels for Lots 0524 and 0525 and return any over-packs with these lot numbers to MSA for replacement.
- Purchasers of over-packs of the 815362 GMA-P100 Cartridges should inspect the over-pack box labels for Lot 0201 and return any over-packs with this lot number to MSA for replacement.
The date code is located at the top or bottom of the two-pack bag and the lot number appears on the over-pack box label.
For information on returning and pictures of what to look for, click here