SafeBuild Alliance now has resources available for mental health and suicide prevention.
- The construction industry rates as the second highest rate of suicide in the United States. At a rate of 53.3 per 100,000 workers according to the CDC.
- In the U.S. there are approximately 123 suicides per day. That breaks down to 1 death every 12 minutes.
What makes construction workers vulnerable?
- We work in roles that are isolating
- Employment is dependent on economy
- Spending large amounts of time away from family and friends
- Chronic pain caused by manual labor
- Stress due to time constraints, work environment and poor sleep.
- Prevalence of alcohol and substance abuse
- Stigma of mental illness
These are but a few factors. SafeBuild Alliance wants to provide you with a way to address these issues and to recognize the signs and symptoms. Once recognized, you can facilitate the proper help to ensure we all go home to our friends and family each day.