2016 ODOT Disparity Study
The Oregon Department of Transportation 2016 Disparity Study is analyzing whether there is a level playing field for minority- and women-owned firms in the Oregon transportation contracting industry and in its own contracts. This information will help ODOT operate the federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program for its federally-funded contracts. ODOT’s last disparity study was conducted in 2011. Keen Independent Research is leading this current study.
Review and Comment on the Draft Report
Representatives from highway construction, engineering-related, and other businesses, community groups, and interested parties are invited to review the study’s draft report and provide comments from March 18th through April 30th, 2016. Public input will help the project team finalize the study.
There are a number of ways stakeholders can review and comment on the draft report.
- Visit the study website – www.ODOTDBEstudy.org.
- Attend a public meeting in April to meet with ODOT and the study team (see details below).
- Contact the study team any time through the project hotline, online comment form, email, or by mailing a letter to the address below.
The study began in November 2014. The draft report will be available on March 18th and the final report will be complete early this summer.
Upcoming Public Meetings
All meetings will run from 3:00–5:00 pm. A presentation begins at 3:15 pm.
Tuesday, April 5 – La Grande *
ODOT Region 5 Headquarters
3012 Island Ave., La Grande, OR 97850
Wednesday April 6 – Bend *
ODOT Region 4 Headquarters
Building M Crater Lake Conference Room
63055 N. Hwy 97, Bend, OR 97701
Thursday, April 7 – Medford
Inn at the Commons – Lower Level Conf Room
200 N. Riverside Ave., Medford, OR 97501
Monday, April 11 – Portland
OAME (Oregon Assoc. of Minority Entrepreneurs)
Large Conference Room 731 N Hayden Meadows Dr., Portland, OR 97217
Tuesday, April 12 – Eugene
Eugene Downtown Public Library
100 W. 10th Ave., Eugene, OR 97401
* Access the meetings in La Grande and Bend live stream beginning at 2:45 pm from www.ODOTDBEstudy.org.
For more information or questions contact:
- Email: info@ODOTDBEstudy.org | Website: www.ODOTDBEstudy.org
- Project hotline: 503-660-8865
- Mail: Keen Independent Research, 100 Fillmore Street, 5th Floor, Denver, CO 80206