PBDG Mentor Protege Program
Professional Business Development Group (PBDG) Mentor-Protégé Program is a learning model with a holistic three anchor support strategy: tailored class offering, 1:1 advising service, and a mentorship cohort. Each business will go through our free initial client needs assessment to help identify areas of weaknesses. The training center utilizes internal resources/expertise and leverages existing external resources available in the industry and community to meet participants’ needs.
Businesses in this learning cohort are considered long term clients. Each program year is 9 months long with a 2 year term. After the 2 years, clients will be eligible to continue receiving one-on-one business advising from our business advisors. The owner(s) will work with a business advisor and mentor to develop a strategic plan specific to the needs of their business to overcome obstacles the firm is facing. Enrollment in this program is highly competitive and limited to strict criteria determined by funding contracts.
Criteria to Qualify
- PBDG gives service preference to minority and/or women-owned small businesses. If you do not fit within those groups, you may still be able to benefit from our other program offerings. For further information email us at email@example.com
- Must be in continuous operation for at least 1 year
- Must not be ineligible or debarred from public works by BOLI
- Must notify PBDG if there are claims filed against the business
- Must provide direct services to the construction industry (contractors, architecture and engineering, design etc).
- Must be willing to attend at least one class a month and two meetings a month. All our classes and meetings are virtual until further notice.
Typical Services Provided
- Business foundations and stabilization
- Strategic business planning
- Construction project management and reporting
- Accounting, financial management and billing
- Construction bidding, sales, and software
- Construction estimating and software
- Navigating contractor and regulatory requirements
- Human Resources – recruiting, hiring, training, and retaining qualified employees
- Bonding and access to capital
- Workforce requirements
- Resource and referrals to other professional services including legal, credit repair, tax prep and more
Topic specific coaching and mentoring
- We are currently accepting applications for our 2020-2021 program year!
- Applications close on September 28 at 5pm, apply now!
This program is free, thanks to the Program Sponsor.
We are currently accepting applications for our 2020-2021 program year!
Click here for qualification criteria, program services, and access to the application.