Each year at the chapter Annual Business Meeting, awards are presented to members who have given extraordinary time and service to the chapter. As an association, the support and activity of our members is important for success. 2013 Oregon-Columbia Chapter President Tom Gerding presented the following awards at the 2014 Annual Business Meeting held on Friday, January 10 in Portland.
Bill McNutt Chapter Committee Award
Bill McNutt, past chapter president, was a champion of the chapter’s committee structure. He stressed a belief that is still true today: “The most important work of this chapter is done at the committee level.” Since 1961 the chapter has been recognizing the energy, dedication and selflessness displayed by members who serve on its various committees with this award.
- Pete Kosky, Star Rentals: In recognition for outstanding commitment, dedication, and leadership as chair of the AGC Golf Tournament Committee
Business Council Chair Award
AGC business councils are a key component of the chapter’s governance structure and largely guide its response to specific industry challenges and opportunities. This award recognizes extraordinary leadership in guiding a council during the previous year.
- Brian Gray, Knife River – Western Oregon Division: In recognition for outstanding commitment, dedication, and leadership as chair of the Highway/Heavy/Utility Contractors Council
National AGC Committee Award
This award honors efforts “above and beyond the call of duty” on the part of chapter members serving long hours on AGC of America committees.
- Charles Schrader, Slayden Construction Group, Inc.: In recognition of service to the chapter and commitment to the industry through national AGC committee participation
Paul Emerick Training Award
This award is given in honor of past chapter and national president Paul E. Emerick and recognizes the outstanding efforts of a person or company dedicated to education and training at all levels of the construction industry.
- Ralph Henderson, Rogue Community College: In recognition of outstanding efforts and dedication to education and training for the construction industry
Ross B. Hammond Labor Relations Award
The Ross B. Hammond Award recognizes a member’s contribution to supporting and promoting union contractor concerns within the Oregon-Columbia Chapter.
- Bob Okano: In recognition of outstanding service to the chapter and commitment to supporting and promoting union contractor concerns within the Oregon-Columbia Chapter
Board Member Rookie of the Year
Presented to a first-time board member in recognition of their willingness and ability to step in and contribute to the chapter in many valuable ways during their first year on the board of directors.
- Kyle Izatt, Advanced American Construction: In recognition of outstanding service to the chapter and commitment to the industry through participation on the chapter Board of Directors
Legislator of the Year Award
In recognition of the results of efforts on behalf of the construction industry during the 2013 Oregon Regular and Special Legislative Sessions.
- House Republican Leader Mike McLane
- Senator Betsy “15th Vote” Johnson
Presidential Awards are presented annually at the prerogative of the chapter president for activities and accomplishments that contribute to the ongoing success of the chapter in its pursuit of excellence as the “voice and choice” of the construction industry.
- Jim McKune: In recognition for exceptional management of the AGC Center building project
- John Rakowitz, AGC Staff: In recognition for exceptional leadership and guidance during the 2013 Oregon Legislative Session
- Robert Schommer, Schommer & Sons, Inc.: In recognition for exceptional leadership and commitment to the success of the chapter foundation auction