Thursday, May 13
Portland Business Journal is bringing forth the annual How Oregon Works event. How Oregon Works (“HOW”) is a recurring editorial series that explores workforce challenges and opportunities facing Oregon’s most important industries – Manufacturing, Tech, Agriculture & Natural Resources, CRE & Construction, Health Care, Energy, and Higher Education.
This year, the HOW series content has evaluated the pandemic and its multi-layered effects on Oregon’s workforces, how businesses of all shapes and sizes have adapted to the new environment, and the still-developing aftermath. The content will focus on:
- Essential Industries: Industries that were deemed essential in the beginning of the pandemic are facing critical talent shortages — find out what’s needed to keep these economic drivers moving forward post-pandemic.
- Equity in the Workplace: There is a critical need to diversify the workforce in most industries. What systems and policies are employers implementing to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion for their companies?
- Now Hiring: What industries are looking to hire a year into the pandemic? How can the Portland region fill the talent pipeline?
- Recruiting & Retention: Is Portland’s current reputation affecting recruiting efforts? What are best practices when it comes to retaining talent and creating lasting careers for job seekers.
The event panelists are:
- Peggy Miller, CEO of PacStar
- Becky Hultberg, CEO of Oregon Association Hospitals & Health Systems
- Andrew Colas, President of Colas Construction
AGC members have been offered a special discount: tickets normally are $30 each, but AGC members and partners can get theirs for just $10! Discount Code: HOW