2017 TopProjects Finalists Announced by DJC
The Daily Journal of Commerce has named more than 90 finalists for the 2017 TopProjects awards competition recognizing the most outstanding projects completed last year in Oregon and Washington.
Since its creation more than two decades ago, TopProjects has become an industry tradition as a way to measure excellence in the region’s built environment. In order to qualify for this year’s competition, projects were required to be substantially completed by Dec. 31, 2016.
The finalists now move to the competition’s judging phase. Projects in several categories – including public buildings, private buildings, infrastructure, transportation and renovation – will be evaluated by a panel of professionals from the local building industry.
Judges will determine the individual top-scoring winner in each competition category. The project earning the highest number of points among all of the finalists will be named the 2017 Project of the Year.
Winning projects will be announced during the 2017 TopProjects event, which will take place May 18 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Oregon Convention Center. Early-bird tickets are $85. The price will increase to $95 after May 2. Registration is available here.
Oregon Energy Trust and Saif are platinum sponsors for this year’s TopProjects. The Finest in the Finishing Trades is the platinum awards sponsor. Gold sponsors are J.E. McAmis and Swinerton. LCD is the happy hour sponsor, and Spirit Media is the media sponsor.
2017 TopProjects Finalists
The following Oregon-Columbia Chapter members are finalists in the TopProjects competition:
- 85 Stories – phase 1; submitted by Walsh Construction Co.
- 811 Stark and Uncorked tenant improvement; submitted by Yorke & Curtis Inc.
- A to Z Wineworks; submitted by Walsh Construction Co.
- Colorado Lift Station; submitted by Slayden Constructors Inc.
- Deschutes Brewery warehouse and tank expansion cellar 4; submitted by R&H Construction
- Fourth Plain bus rapid transit corridor; submitted by Tapani Inc.
- George Fox University Canyon Commons; submitted by Andersen Construction
- Happy Valley Crossroads; submitted by Moore Excavation Inc.
- Howard Elementary School replacement; submitted by Todd Construction Inc.
- Industrial Park at TransAlta; submitted by Tapani Inc.
- Infomart Portland expansion; submitted by DPR Construction, Infomart and McKinstry Co. LLC
- Kane Drive washout emergency response and roadway restoration; submitted by Moore Excavation Inc.
- North Holladay Drive – First Avenue to 12th Avenue; submitted by Tapani Inc.
- Northeast 94th Avenue – Northeast Padden Parkway to Northeast 99th Avenue; submitted by Tapani Inc.
- NV Portland; submitted by Andersen Construction
- OMSI Coastal Discovery Center; submitted by Walsh Construction Co.
- Open School East; submitted by P&C Construction
- Oregon City Public Library; submitted by P&C Construction and Scott | Edwards Architecture
- Oregon City School District transportation and maintenance facility; submitted by P&C Construction
- Oregon State University Cascades Living & Learning Center; submitted by Walsh Construction Co.
- Oregon Zoo Conservation Education Center; submitted by Fortis Construction Inc.
- Overland Warehouse; submitted by Emerick Architects
- Overton/SWIFT; submitted by Yorke & Curtis Inc.
- Pearl West office building; submitted by Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty Company
- Pete Moore Hospice House (Cascade Health); submitted by Chambers Construction Co.
- PGE Portland service center; submitted by Fortis Construction Inc.
- Porsche Beaverton; submitted by Perlo Construction
- Rose Villa Senior Living; submitted by R&H Construction
- Sellwood Bridge Replacement Project; submitted by Slayden Sundt Joint Venture
- Serenity Lane; submitted by Chambers Construction Co.
- Slate; submitted by Works Progress Architecture and Yorke & Curtis
- Stoel Rives – Park Avenue West; submitted by Lease Crutcher Lewis and ZGF Architects LLP
- Subaru of America at Gresham Vista; submitted by Perlo Construction
- Sunrise Corridor; submitted by Kerr Contractors Oregon Inc.
- The Bronaugh Apartments; submitted by Walsh Construction Co.
- Touchmark; submitted by Perlo Construction
- Toyota of Corvallis; submitted by R&H Construction Co.
- U.S. 101 Sea Lion Point rock wall project; submitted by HP Civil Inc.
- University of Oregon Allan Price Science Commons & Research Library renovation; submitted by Andersen Construction
- University of Oregon Erb Memorial Union renovation; submitted by Lease Crutcher Lewis
- University of Oregon Jane Sanders Stadium; submitted by Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty Company
- Vancouver Waterfront transportation improvements; submitted by PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc.
- Wacom tenant improvement; submitted by Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty Company
- Wilsonville Subaru; submitted by LCD and LRS Architects
- Winter Street: Shelton Ditch Bridge; submitted by HP Civil Inc.
- Yard; submitted by Andersen Construction