Engagement: Getting the Most Out of Your AGC Membership
Is your company new to AGC? Or has your company been a member for a long time, but never engaged within the chapter? Are you looking for opportunities to build stronger business relationships, expand your professional network, and get the biggest return on your membership investment?
In 2017, the chapter restructured our strategic objectives to encompass four different silos:
- Advocate – protect the construction industry and strengthen AGC’s impact on public policy
- Grow – grow and develop the construction workforce and leadership of the future
- Engage – provide relevant products, services, and events to connect and engage our membership
- Safety – deliver industry-leading health and safety services to ou-r members
Member engagement doesn’t just fall into the ‘Engage’ column of the strategic objectives. There are numerous involvement opportunities throughout each area for members to take advantage of all that AGC offers.
- Construction Leadership Council: join the movement of the next generation of leaders in the construction industry. This group focuses on networking and education events, philanthropy and community service efforts, and helping grow the future construction workforce.
- Specialty Contractors Council: are you a subcontractor who has questions for general contractors but no access to the decision-makers? These monthly panel discussions with general contractor members address various topics of interest that subs face in their working relationships. General contractors are also welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Industry and Professional Associates Council: open to any member who is not a contractor, the Associates Council hosts numerous networking events with contractor members throughout the year.
- Legislative Forum: AGC is the voice and choice of the construction industry. Be a part of this group to help shape our core policies and work with our team to advocate for the industry in Salem.
- Area Councils: not located in the Portland metro area? AGC has several area councils throughout the state that allow members in those regions to host events and meetings and network with local contractors and elected officials.
- AGC Summer Convention: our biggest event of the year! Two full days packed with keynote speakers, educational breakout sessions, networking opportunities and more. On a rotating basis with Skamania Lodge (Stevenson, Wash.) and Sunriver Resort (Sunriver, Ore.), bring the whole family and make it a vacation.
Find your interests and get plugged in! To find out about all of the engagement opportunities at AGC or to get involved now, contact Ali Gadbaugh, 503-685-8308.