Safety and Health Council
The AGC Safety and Health Council provides networking, educational opportunities, construction safety information, and OSHA/OR-OSHA/DOSH/MSHA legislative direction for the Oregon-Columbia Chapter through bi-monthly meetings.
June 22, 2017, 9:30—11:30 am,
AGC Center, Wilsonville
Safety Anchor Post Systems (SAPS) was created and designed by Jose (Manny) Carrillo, a construction professional with over 30 years of experience in the commercial construction industry. His vision was to design a durable temporary guardrail with a tie off point.
Some topics that will be discussed:
- Safety performance gap
- Use of guardrails as anchorage for personal fall arrest systems
- 100% tie-off
- 5,000 lbs anchor point
- The end-user
- Change is inevitable
- What is in it for me?
- Vendors and trade contractors are team members not a commodity.
To RSVP, contact Kevin Wheatcroft, 503-894-1110.
- Chair: Michelle Brunetto, Walsh Construction Company
- Vice Chair: Rick McMurry, P&C Construction
- Staff Liaison: Kevin Wheatcroft, 503-894-1110
- Safety Health Council Charter
- 2017 Safety Best Practices
- Drug Testing: New Rules
- Silica Management: Getting Ready for 2018
- Patient Centered Care of Oregon’s Injured Workers
- Emergency Preparedness
- Managing Injury Claims & Return-to work
- OSHA Rules Update, What You Should Know
- View Safety & Health Council photos
Meetings are held at the AGC Center from 9:30–11:30 am, unless noted otherwise
- February 24, (8:00 am-12:30pm) AGC/NWUCA Safety & Health Forum
at NW College of Construction
- April 20
- June 22
- August 17
- October 19
- December 7 (end of year lunch, 11:30 am–1:30 pm)
Rogue Valley Safety & Health Committee
The Rogue Valley Safety and Health Committee seeks to expand the safety and health of the construction industry in the region. Through active involvement in meetings, attendees receive safety training, information, and help in finding new ways to promote safety. Representatives or safety contacts from general contractors, subcontractors, and associates of all sizes are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This council is currently undergoing redesign and development. If you are interested in participating in this council and future meetings, contact John Jean, AGC Safety Management Consultant, 541-613-6859.