Safety Resource Center
AGC provides a vast array of safety resources that provide members the competitive advantage. Whether you need basic safety advice, access to information, sample programs and policies, a sounding board for ideas, or connections to peers and professionals, look to AGC to get the job done.
AGC Safety Services Available
- Safety Councils
- Best Safety Practices (new 2016 edition)
- Jobsite Poster Packets – to order, contact the AGC office, 503-682-3363 or 800-826-6610.
- AGC SafetyPLUS – online safety management system – free basic subscription
- Sample Safety Policies (accessible via AGC SafetyPLUS)
- Tool Box Talks (accessible via AGC SafetyPLUS)
- Succeed University (risk management based, hosted by Succeed Management Services)
- AGC of America Safety and Health Services
Step Up On Ladder Safety hard hat decals are available. Contact an AGC Safety Management Consultant.
New Updated Sample Safety Policies Available!
32 sample safety policies and programs have been recently updated by AGC safety consultants. These documents are available for download via your free AGC SafetyPLUS login. Once logged in, go to: Resources, Risk Management Library, AGC Chapter Content.
Hot Topics and Issues in the Industry
- USACE EM 385-1-1 revision 2014
- OR-OSHA Program Directive A-264 – Focused Inspections in Construction (Refers to AGC Safety PRIDE Program)
- Oregon OSHA Construction Depot publication is available online.
- Focus on safety! What are you doing to promote safety awareness this month?
Noteworthy safety management program elements highlighted by the presenters for the AGC of America Construction Safety Excellence Awards during final competition.
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Company vehicle policy/general liability
- Incident investigation
- Subcontractor management
- Safety and the Bottom Line: Return on Investment
- Occupational medicine and workers’ comp
External Links: Regulatory Agencies, Local Involvement, and Activities
|Regulatory Local NW||Regulatory Federal|
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), Willamette-Columbia Chapter
- Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology (CROET) web
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Construction Industry Crime Prevention Program
- Galson Labs – Laboratory Analytical Testing
- National Resource Safety Center
- Network of Employers for Traffic Safety
- Pacific NW Section – American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- Safety Online
- SAIF Corporation
- OR Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- OR Department of Consumer & Business Services (DCBS)
- OR Department of Transportation (ODOT)
- OR Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OR-OSHA)
- OR-OSHA’s Fall Protection Guide for the Construction Industry
- OR-OSHA’s PESO Publication (English/Spanish)
- OSHA Training Institute, Region X
- OR-OSHA’s News
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) Ergonomic Standards
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) Services
- Washington Utility Safe Digging Guide
- eLaws (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal OSHA
- Federal OSHA Noise and Hearing Conservation
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers EM_385-1-1
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)