Union Contractor Group
Established in 1991, the Union Contractor Group (formerly Contract Administration Fund) was created to promote and assist programs of industry education, training, negotiation, and administration of the collective bargaining agreements. The charge of the Union Contractor Group is to expand the market for the building and construction industry; improve technical and business skills of employers; stabilize and improve relations between the employers and labor unions; and promote, support, and improve the employment opportunities for employers.
The Union Contractor Group consists of a cents per-hour contribution made by Union Contractors signatory to one or more of the Five-Craft Agreements of AGC: Carpenters, Laborers (both Oregon and Southwest Washington), Cement Masons, Operating Engineers, and Teamsters.
Union Contractor Group Trustees
- Bob Schommer, AC Schommer & Sons, Inc.
- Dave Alexander, Lakeside Industries
- Greg Whitaker, Whitaker/Ellis
- Joe Correy, Goodfellow Bros., Inc.
- Steve Malany, P & C Construction Company
- Kelly Dixon, Andersen Structures, Inc.
- Jim Lang, LaRusso Concrete
- Dee Burch, Advanced American Construction
In following the purpose for which the fund was established, throughout the years funds have been granted to:
- Funding of AGC Labor Relations
- Oregon State University Speakers Series
- The Port of Portland Mentor Protege Program
- AGC Minority Scholarship Fund at Oregon State University
- Carpenter’s Summer Internship Program
- ACE Academy – charter school
- Oregon Building Congress
The charitable arm of the Union Contractor Group has also donated thousands of dollars to construction industry-supported charitable programs and events, such as:
- Toy N Joymakers
- Cheer A Child
- B.U.L.L. Session Charity Golf Tournament and Auction
Contact Jim McKune, 503-682-3363 or 800-826-6610.