Contract Administration Fund
Established in 1991, the Contract Administration Fund (CAF) was created to promote and assist programs of industry education, training, negotiation, and administration of the collective bargaining agreements. The charge of the CAF is to expand the market for the building and construction industry; improve technical and business skills of employers; stabilize and improve relations between the employers and labor unions; and promote, support, and improve the employment opportunities for employers.
The CAF consists of a cents per-hour contribution made by Union Contractors signatory to the Five-Craft Agreements of AGC: Carpenters, Laborers (both Oregon and Southwest Washington), Cement Masons, Operating Engineers, and Teamsters.
- Bob Schommer, AC Schommer & Sons, Inc.
- Dave Alexander, Lakeside Industries
- Greg Whitaker, Whitaker/Ellis
- Jim McKune, McKUNE LLC
- Joe Correy, Goodfellow Bros., Inc.
- Steve Malany, P & C Construction Company
In following the purpose for which the fund was established, throughout the years funds have been granted to:
- The Union Contractors of AGC Minority Scholarship Fund at Oregon State University for students enrolled in the School of Engineering. Since 1995, a total of $280,000 has been donated in support of this scholarship fund. Click here for more information on the Minority Scholarship Fund.
- The Port of Portland Mentor Protégé Program: In promotion of union protégé companies, the CAF has donated $150,000 over the past 10 years. Click here for more information about the Port of Portland Mentor Protege Program.
- The Carpenters’ Summer Internship Program, established to promote construction as a career to Portland-area high school students.
- Oregon Building Congress: In support of the OBC in its partnering with educators to increase the quality and diversity of applicants into the building industry, the CAF contributions have totaled $150,000. For more information about the Oregon Building Congress, click here.
The charitable arm of the CAF has also donated thousands of dollars to construction industry supported charitable programs and events, such as:
Toy N Joymakers – Coordinated by the Pacific Northwest District Council of Carpenters, this campaign is for children in need throughout the state of Oregon. Click here for more information about this organization.
Cheer A Child – This gift campaign sponsored by the International Union of Operating Engineers/Local 701 is to benefit the children at the Albertina Kerr Centers for children.
Sponsorship of the B.U.L.L. Session Charity Golf Tournament and Auction which supports Doernbecher Childrens’ Hospital, Gales Creek Camp Foundation, Emanuel Children’s Hospital Foundation among others.
Contact Mike Salsgiver, 503-685-8305 or 800-826-6610.