AGC provides assistance to all its contractors with labor issues, including contract interpretation, advice on grievances and Boards of Adjustment, advice on contractual obligations concerning discipline and discharge, wage and fringe benefit information, prevailing wage laws, and the Davis Bacon Act.
Members who have signed agreements negotiated by the AGC on behalf of its signatory contractors may participate in bargaining with AGC on a single employer basis with one or all of the following unions:
- Cement Masons: Operative Plasterers and Cement Masons International Local 555 and Bricklayers Allied Craftsmen, International Union Local 1 (Cement Masons Only)
- Teamsters: Joint Council of Teamsters, No. 37
- Oregon Laborers: Oregon and Southern Idaho District Council of Laborers
- Carpenters: Pacific Northwest Regional Council of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America
- SW Washington Laborers: Washington & Northern Idaho District Council of Laborers
- Operating Engineers: International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 701
Why should you consider becoming signatory through AGC?
- You gain the ability to participate in the collective bargaining process/negotiations of the master labor agreements, thereby saving the time and cost of negotiating individually. In addition, AGC surveys its signatory contractors in preparation for the negotiation sessions to determine its bargaining points. With AGC, your opinion matters.
- AGC will automatically terminate your agreements with the various unions upon contract expiration. Under compliance agreements, your agreement with the union will never expire unless you remember to give timely notice or have negotiated an expiration date in advance.
- You will receive periodic updates of the wage/benefit schedules, special notices/reminders of contract provisions and special agreements/letters of understanding.
Any AGC member company may seek labor relations assistance when having problems with picketing, salting, or other union organizing efforts.
Contact Jim McKune, 503-682-3363 or 800-826-6610.