Highway/Heavy/Utility Contractors Council
The Highway/Heavy/Utility Contractors Council was formed to provide a forum for issues of unique significance to heavy/civil/highway contractors. The leadership of this council works regularly with the leadership of the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT).
The council is open to any heavy/civil/highway contract members. Interested members can also volunteer to participate in sub-groups that include: roads, bridges, specialty, and administration. If you are interested in joining the Highway Council please contact John Rakowitz.
Develop Additional Opportunities for Highway Council Member Involvement
- AGC/ODOT annual meeting
- Workgroup opportunities on specific issues
- Continue meetings with ODOT leadership: ODOT director, deputy director—Highway Division, etc., to discuss issues of importance to the industry
- Continue ODOT/AGC leadership group to improve communication and ODOT practices
- Work with ODOT as OTIA III projects come online: provide feedback and participate in task forces to provide industry feedback.
- Continue to work with ODOT committees/leadership to move AGC issues forward and ensure timely resolution to issues of concern.
- Work with other highway-related groups to move issues of mutual concern forward (OCAPA/APAO—Construct by Contract, OCAPA—Aggregate Sourcing, etc.)
- Work with ODOT or others to provide additional trainings as needed.
2016 AGC/ODOT Annual Meeting Presentations
|Governor’s Transportation Initiatives
Oregon Transportation Commission
|Commissioner Tammy Baney, Chair||Oregon Transportation Commission presentation|
|ODOT Funding Outlook||Paul Mather, Highway Division Administrator, ODOT
Trevor Sleeman, Sr. Federal Affairs Advisory, ODOT
|ODOT Funding Outlook presentation|
|Office of Civil Rights Updates||Angela Ramos, Civil Rights Manager, ODOT||Office of Civil Rights Update presentation|
|Workforce Development||Steve Malany, President, P & C Construction Company, AGC Workforce and Professional Development Committee
Nate McCoy, Executive Director National Association of Minority Contractors, Oregon
|Workforce Development presentation|
|Engineering Development||Thomas Lauer, Chief Technical Services Branch Engineer and Manager, ODOT
Ron Singh, Chief of Surveys and Engineering Automation Manager, ODOT
|Engineering Development presentation_PART ONE|
|Construction Section Updates||Joe Squire, State Construction and Materials Engineer, ODOT||Construction Section Updates presentation|
|OReGO||Travis Brouwer, Assistant Director, ODOT|
|Work Zone Safety and Speed Reduction Efforts
Traffic and Roadway, ADA Ramps and Crash Worthy Devices
|Bob Pappe, Traffic and Roadway Engineer, ODOT
Brian Gray, President Oregon Operations, Knife River
|Work Zone Safety presentations|