Workforce and Professional Development Committee
- Chair: Yohn Baldwin, Baldwin General Contracting
- Vice Chair: Brandon Flint, INLINE Commercial Construction
- Staff Liaison: Colette Evers, 503-685-8328
Join our Construction Workforce Coalition!
There are exciting and numerous workforce related activities going on around the state regarding student outreach, educating the educators, and more. Attend the next coalition meeting to see how you can get involved. All AGC members are welcome and encouraged to attend our meetings. We are always seeking fresh ideas. Contact Colette Evers for more information, 503-685-8328.
Next Workforce Coalition Meeting:
June 14, 8:00-10:00 am AGC Center, Wilsonville
Check out the event outreach our calendar at Build-Oregon.com
Construction Workforce Coalition
Meetings are held 8–10 am at the AGC offices in Wilsonville, unless noted otherwise.
- January 18 (cancelled due to weather)
- February 22
- March 22
- April 26, 8 am–11 am (Workforce Grant Reviews)
- June 14
- August 30
- October 11
- November 8
- December 6
The 2017 AGC workforce development grants application period is now closed.
AGC annually provides grant funding to programs that support:
- Raising awareness of construction careers in grades K–12 and post-secondary education
- Promoting academic and technical training in construction
- Community outreach that addresses construction industry workforce recruitment
- AGC student chapters
- Student construction competition participation
- Technology, equipment, and materials enhancements for construction educational programs
- Educator summer interns/externs in construction
- Construction industry diversity
- Construction research and education
- Construction professional development
- 2017 Workforce Grant Guidelines and Eligibility
- Grant Application Form (fillable pdf)
- Grant Application Form (printable pdf)
Interesting links and activities
- View the AGCA Workforce Development Plan
- Wanted: YouTube videos and construction project photos! Help us populate our career website www.build-Oregon.com with cool stuff! We need great videos about your company, intriguing project time lapse videos, interesting employees or events, or maybe even glimpses into great construction careers Contact Colette Evers.