Safety Resource Center
AGC provides a vast array of safety resources that provide members the competitive advantage. Whether you need basic safety advice, access to information, sample programs and policies, a sounding board for ideas, or connections to peers and professionals, look to AGC to get the job done.
Hot Topics and Issues
- New LInk! U.S. Army Corps of Engineers EM_385-1-1
- Oregon OSHA Construction Depot publication is available online.
- What are you doing to promote safety awareness?
Step Up On Ladder Safety!
Falls from ladders are costly and can cause serious injury or even death. Don’t allow your employees become a ladder statistic! Contact your AGC Safety Management Consultant for additional information.
Promote safety at your worksite. Need some new hardhat decals for your employees? AGC has them! To request your order, contact Brenda Saterfiel at AGC 503-682-3363, or contact your AGC safety management consultant.
Local Safety Management Services Available
- Safety councils
- Best Safety Practices 2015
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Company Vehicle Policy/General Liability
- Incident Investigation
- Subcontractor Management
- Safety and the Bottom Line: Return on Investment
- Occupational Medicine and Workers’ Comp
- Jobsite Poster Packets – to order, contact Brenda Saterfiel at the AGC office, 503-682-3363 or 800-826-6610.
- AGC of America Safety and Health Services
- Read the latest edition of the Oregon OSHA Construction Depot – now available online.
- AGC SafetyPLUS – online safety management system – free basic subscription
- Tool Box Talks (accessible via AGC SafetyPLUS)
External Links: Regulatory Agencies,Local Involvement, and Activities
Associations, Foundations, Trade Groups
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), Willamette-Columbia Chapter
- Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology (CROET) web
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Construction Industry Crime Prevention Program
- Galson Labs – Laboratory Analytical Testing
- National Resource Safety Center
- Network of Employers for Traffic Safety
- Pacific NW Section – American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- Safety Online
- SAIF Corporation
- OR-OSHA Program Directive A-264 (Focused Inspections in Construction)
Focused Inspections in Construction – Refers to Safety PRIDE Program
- eLaws (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal OSHA
- Federal OSHA Noise and Hearing Conservation
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH)
- OR Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- OR Department of Consumer & Business Services (DCBS)
- OR Department of Transportation (ODOT)
- OR Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OR-OSHA)
- OR-OSHA’s Fall Protection Guide for the Construction Industry
- OR-OSHA’s PESO Publication (English/Spanish)
- OSHA Training Institute, Region X
- OR-OSHA’s What’s New
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers EM_385-1-1
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) Ergonomic Standards
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) Services
- Washington Utility Safe Digging Guide